MI,MIs, MIu application EXE files start up

MI,MIs, MIu application EXE files start up

Postby Josephus » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:54 am

What are the differences between the MI, MIs, MIu EXE application files.
I run my MI testing set up on an laptop using windows 7 64bit. I have dowloaded the latest version 3.9
When I start the program with MI.exe the program does not load, it tries, then a blank screen flashes for a brief second and nothing happens. Starting with MIs.exe it sometimes works but after a few times the loading does not work behaving like the previous scenario. So I go back to MI.exe and it works but after a few time it does not load. I am not too sure what is happening here. When none of the above works I need to first activate MIu.exe and then load the MI.exe and it works.

Can you clarify this and it seems there may be a windows or MI setup that needs to be checked.
Thank you for your support
Joseph
Josephus

Re: MI,MIs, MIu application EXE files start up

Postby VirtinsTech » Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:54 pm

MI.exe should be executed. It decides whether to run MIs.exe or MIu.exe based on whether there is a VT device / hardkey recognized. MIu.exe works when there is a recognizable hardware device or dongle. Otherwise, it will exit silently.

It may take a little while after double clicking the MI.exe icon for the first-time running after installation. Re-double clicking the same icon will launch the second instance of the software (identifiable by [1] in the title bar of the software). When you feel nothing happens (or only a screen flashes) after double clicking the MI.exe icon, you can go to Windows Task Manager to see if MI is running in the background. If yes, terminate it before double clicking the icon again.

BTW, MI installation requires the admin right.
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Postby Josephus » Sat Aug 01, 2020 4:22 am

Thank you very much for the explanation. It all makes sense. I do run the registered version on my shop laptop and the dongle version on my work station. Anyway it all works with a few tries after a new installation. Thanks again. Joseph :)
Josephus

Postby theola36 » Thu Nov 03, 2022 10:35 pm

interesting information
theola36

Return to Questions