VIEW PARAMETERS (OSCILLOSCOPE)

VIEW PARAMETERS (OSCILLOSCOPE)

Postby wireless » Wed Aug 28, 2019 4:08 am

My first day with my new VT DSO-2820E and enjoying it very much so far. I bought this to help my research as a licensed radio amateur.

I am unable to find the 'View Parameters' toolbar mentioned in MI manual at para 2.5.

I am simply trying to adjust the oscilloscope sweep time, and thinking that this should be possible without having to change sample rate?
Can you assist please?

Thanks
Bob
wireless

Re: VIEW PARAMETERS (OSCILLOSCOPE)

Postby VirtinsTech » Wed Aug 28, 2019 10:39 am

Thank you for your questions.

In Multi-Instrument, the Oscilloscope, Spectrum analyzer, Spectrum 3D Plot, Multimeter windows (Views) have their own View Parameter Toolbars. These View Parameter Toolbars are overlapped and located at the bottom of the screen. If you click anywhere within the Oscilloscope window, its View Parameter Toolbar will be brought to front. The oscilloscope frame width (sweep time) selection box is located at the bottom left corner of the screen. Changing the oscilloscope sweep time will not change the sampling rate unless the hardware buffer size is exceeded. For VT DSO-2820E, the buffer size is 40k bytes. You can also change the oscilloscope sweep time by changing the Record Length (samples per oscilloscope sweep, or "Points", which is located at the upper right of the screen), if you "Enable Record Length change via 'Point' in Sampling Parameter Toolbar" via [Setting]>[Display]. In this way, you can enter the exact number of samples per oscilloscope sweep.

In many cases, you can set the oscilloscope sweep time to its maxium under a particular sampling rate, and use the zooming function to check the details of the waveform.
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Re: VIEW PARAMETERS (OSCILLOSCOPE)

Postby wireless » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:58 am

Excellent - thank you.
I never thought to click inside the screen - but you are right - this displays the 'missing' toolbar.
Thanks,
Bob
wireless

Return to Questions