trying to do loop-back test // no go ...

Postby Testman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:15 pm

Hi,

I just downloaded your software to try it out // I need to make fairly accurate frequency response plots and you guys seem to be the ticket ... I'm using an EMU 1212 sound-card and as far as I know the ins and outs are mono 1/4" ... I tried to stick the outs back into the ins to see "unity gain" on spectrum analyzer but can't get anything to work ... the help file isn't clear to me on how to get all this going

can you walk me thru it please ?!

TIA
Eb7+9
Post at 4-2-2012 16:31

The software needs to be configured to use the EMU 1212 as both the ADC device and DAC device.
Steps:
1. stop the oscilloscpe by clicking the green button at the upper left corner of the screen.
2. stop the signal generator if it is running.
3. go to [Setting]>[ADC Device], select "Sound Card MME" in the Device Model field if you want to use Sound Card MME driver, or select "Sound Card ASIO" if you want to use Sound Card ASIO driver (recommended for EMU sound card series). In the Device No. field, select EMU 1212 (XP) or EMU 1212's input endpoint (Vista, 7).
4. go to [Setting]>[DAC Device], select "Sound Card MME" in the Device Model field if you want to use Sound Card MME driver, or select "Sound Card ASIO" if you want to use Sound Card ASIO driver (recommended for EMU sound card series). In the Device No. field, select EMU 1212 (XP) or EMU 1212's output endpoint (Vista, 7).

virtins
Post at 5-2-2012 10:57

thanks, but the field options don't match the ones you gave ...
there wasn't two choices for XP or Vista/7

I tried every combination possible and still couldn't get the Spectrum Analyzer to give me a unity gain flat line in loop-back mode ...

there's so much I don't get, for example the oscillator options ...
is there a detailed manual for this software somewhere ?!

I find the help file is too sparse, also wish the buttons had a pop-up indication of what they do ...

don't mean to complain //soft looks really promising ...
please help me get this thing working before my trial period is up

thanks again ...

Eb7+9
Post at 8-2-2012 04:25

You can right click anywhere inside the Spectrum Analyzer window and choose "Spectrum Analyzer Y scale". Then in the popup dialog box, choose "dBr". This will put the spectrum analyzer in normalized amplitude spectrum mode, with the peak value always at 0 dBr.

virtins
Post at 8-2-2012 11:29
Testman

Return to Questions