Loss of X-Y Plots

Loss of X-Y Plots

Postby vincer » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:15 am

When a Device Test Plan is edited any X-Y plots that have been created are lost and have to be set up again. Why can't the plots be preserved?

It would also be very convenient if a block of steps could be copied and repeated multiple times. This would make multiple repetitive sections of code easy to program when the series of steps remain the same but a few parameters change form block to block.
vincer

Re: Loss of X-Y Plots

Postby VirtinsTech » Wed Feb 15, 2017 2:19 pm

X-Y Plots are saved within a DTP file. The X-Y Plots should remain open when saving a DTP file.

Thanks for the suggestion. The function for Copy and Paste of a block of test steps will be included in the future. A DTP file is actually a TXT file which can be edited by a plain text editor such as Windows Notepad. There is one or two special characters unreadable, though. Pay attention to those characters if a DTP is edited by the text editor. In the text editor, you can do copy & paste easily.
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Postby vincer » Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:25 am

I understand that the plots are saved with the test plan. The problem that I see is that when a test plan with plots is loaded if I change even one step and hit Modify the plots disappear and must be re created. Why are the plots destroyed every time a step is modified.

I also can see no way to edit a plot without deleting it and starting over. For example if I load a test plan and it has three plots and I want to edit the second one to change the parameter on the x axis it cannot be done. The plot has to be deleted, re-created, re-sized, re-positioned, etc. Then if I modify even one step all the work is lost.

Am I missing something or is this a problem?
vincer

Postby VirtinsTech » Thu Feb 16, 2017 12:02 pm

You are right. Currently, the X-Y Plots (if any) will be closed automatically when modifying a test plan for two reasons:

1. The X or Y variable (Derived Data Point to be captured) might be removed during test plan modification
2. To give more space for test plan editing

Yes, it is not convenient to reconfigure the X-Y Plots each time when the test plan is modified. Some improvement will be done in the future release of the software. Meanwhile, if the test plan modification is done through a plain text editor such as Windows Notepad. The X-Y Plots will be untouched if you do not change those lines at the end of the test plan.
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Return to Questions