DSO-2810F question

DSO-2810F question

Postby Testman » Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:06 pm

DSO-2810F question

Hello,
I have a DSO-2810F device and I'm trying to record a waveform of ~8MHz frequency. I can't seem to figure out how to actually record/view something at 100Mhz sampling rate. The record button is greyed out and nothing is displayed on the screen. I'm pretty new so I'm not sure if I'm missing something. Can I record a high-frequency waveform somehow?

opetelin
Post at 10-6-2011 07:39

Thank you for your question.

DSO-2810F does not support data streaming. Therefore it has to store the sampled data in its memory buffer first before slowly transfering the data to the PC. The record length is thus limited by the buffer size.

virtins
Post at 11-6-2011 19:49
Testman

Re: DSO-2810F question

Postby Metora06 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:32 pm

I am interrested in the LCR parts of multi-instrument , i download the demo but i have real trouble to calibrate it, it jump to 1% to "BAD" and sometime to "time out error" when sliding mic and volume control of the card . I tried hi and low impedance, no can do.
Metora06

Re: DSO-2810F question

Postby VirtinsTech » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:31 pm

The LCR meter will check the quality of the signal returned by the Device Under Test. The test signal is sinusoidal. If the THD of the signal exceeds a certain limit or is too weak (which would affect the accuracy of the measurement), the "BAD" error will occur. The peak percentage of 1% showed that the signal was too weak. You can either increase the input gain of the sound card or increase its output volume to make the measured signal stronger to avoid the "BAD" error. The timeout error could also be due to the weak signal or discontinuity in the connection. It was too weak to trigger the oscilloscope which is set to single trigger mode under LCR mode.
VirtinsTech
Site Admin

Return to Questions